- The best and most of the best selling air purifiers are the HEPA air purifiers.
- We have generally commonly see the term “HEPA” tagged along with the model and brand name of Air Purifiers.
- HEPA stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air.
- It is a type of air filter used in several systems that need a clean air like those in the Indoor Air Purifiers, vehicles, home filters, hospitals, and airplanes.
- It is not merely put in a Air Purifiers name; HEPA gives the qualifying status for the Air Purifiers.
- The filter to be labelled as HEPA, is passing certain standards set by the Department of Energy.
- HEPA filter is able to remove 99.97% of all particles from 0.3 micrometers. It’s just one of the classifications of air purifiers. These will be further sorted according to its filter capacity of HEPA Filters in Air Purifiers.
- HEPA filters of Air Purifiers are made of a mat of randomly arranged fibers. These are commonly made the size of 0.5 to 2.0 micrometers.
- Particles are trapped in the mat of fibers through the following simple processes.
- Interception: Particles usually follow a single pathway in air purifier. Impaction: This is commonly called as “capturing” the particles by forcing them into sticking into the fibers.
- To increase the life of HEPA , a pre-filter is used in air purifiers.
- HEPA is arresting and removing Bactria and virus which are killed by UV filter.
Our next blog: will-air-purifiers-reduce-harmful-health-effects?
More Air Purifier Blogs: https://beyonddcompare.wordpress.com/